Are you looking to whiten your teeth and brighten your smile? Do you want to have a dazzling set of teeth that can boost your confidence and improve your oral hygiene? At Boss Dental, we want you to achieve the smile of your dreams. This popular teeth whitening procedure is practiced in offices and shopping malls across the nation, and offer many benefits that can keep you feeling great. However, there are some drawbacks to the teeth whitening procedure as well. Our Corpus Christi dentists list the pros and cons of teeth whitening to help you understand whether or not this procedure is right for you.
Teeth whitening can leave you with a stunning smile. A tooth whitening specialist can prepare a chemical product that works best on your teeth, relieving them of stains and making them feel bright. Here are some advantages to having this procedure done to your set of pearly whites:
- Self-esteem boost. Having a better and brighter smile will greatly improve your confidence and self-worth. Patients have even reported having better success at work and at home due to their increased confidence. A great smile can lead to great results.
- Improve your smile and whiten your teeth. Your teeth get whiter, abolishing old food stains that are caused from drinking, tobacco consumption, or the eating of dark foods. You’ll want to smile more as you see the results of this easy procedure.
- Encourages great oral hygiene. You will want to practice better brushing and flossing habits to maintain those white teeth for as long as possible.
- You may feel sore at first. The chemical process is often sensitive, making the teeth and gums feel sore. This goes away after a while, helping you ease into the healing process.
- To keep your teeth white for longer, you must avoid certain types of food and drinks. Acidic and dark foods, such as wine, beer, carrots, and beets, can stain your teeth faster and reduce the effects of the whitening process.
- Maintenance is required. You’ll have to return to your cosmetic dentist for upkeep appointments and re-applications of the teeth whitening process if your teeth don’t remain white for very long.
Despite the drawbacks, patients are investing in teeth whitening as an easy and affordable procedure that can greatly improve their smiles.
Call Us for a Teeth Whitening Appointment Today!
At our Boss Dental office in Corpus Christi, cosmetic dentists are available to assist you with understanding the pros and cons of teeth whitening while giving you the information needed to make a decision. To schedule a consultation, give us a call at (361) 992-7551 or use our contact form to contact us and view our services!