How Do the Clear Aligners Work?
Clear aligners are simply an alternative to metal braces and they work in essentially the same way to correct problems with your teeth, like gapping, overlapping and a bad bite. They are less noticeable than metal braces, but may take longer to deliver the level of correction needed. Unlike metal braces, clear aligners can be removed for eating and oral hygiene. Additionally, there are no wires that need to be tightened – you receive a full set of aligners that you will change regularly throughout the treatment, so correction is gentler than it is with metal braces.
Invisalign vs. Clear Correct
Invisalign is the forerunner in the field of invisible aligners, having been introduced in the late ’90s. It remains very popular and is now joined by Clear Correct. The options are quite similar, but they do have some differences. First, let’s talk about the similarities. Both products are:
- Practically invisible, so unless you tell people that you are wearing braces, no one will know.
- Easy to remove and clean.
- Custom-fit to your teeth, and non-invasive.
- Appropriate for patients who have metal allergies.
- Adjusted in small increments – usually you will use a new aligner every 2-4 weeks.
- Intended to be worn night and day, except when eating and cleaning.
Also, with either treatment, the length of time that you will have to wear the aligners will depend on the degree of correction needed.
Now, as to the differences:
- Invisalign is nine years older than Clear Correct.
- Invisalign is a global company, and Clear Correct is American.
- Clear Correct is usually somewhat less expensive.
Am I a Candidate for Invisible Braces or Clear Aligners?
If you want to straighten your teeth, correct overcrowding, gapping, misalignment and other bite problems, chances are that you are a good candidate. In a few instances, metal braces may be more appropriate, but usually clear aligners will serve the purpose.
How Much Do Invisible Braces Cost?
For Invisalign, the average cost is between $3,500 and $8,000. Clear Correct is between $4,000 and $5,500. The actual cost will depend on the degree of correction needed.
If you have bite problems and would like to have your teeth straightened, call Boss Dental Care at 361-992-7551. You can also use the form on our Contact Us page to book a consultation. Our dentist office is located at 801 Everhart Road, Corpus Christi, TX 78411. Once treatment is completed, follow aftercare instructions to maintain your new smile!